News-Letters: Kromboom Kronicles
Rotary Club of Kromboom
The Club Building Bridges of Friendship
Rotary is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian service and to advance goodwill and peace around the world. It is non-political and non-religious.
WHAT IS ROTARY?
A network of volunteers who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
Service above Self
WHAT DOES ROTARY DO?
Participates in a wide range of activities designed to improve human conditions and create opportunities for those in need.
Helps build peace and understanding through international scholarships, exchange programmes and initiates youth programmes to help educate tomorrow’s leaders.
Encourages fellowship between its own members and members of the community
THE ETHICS OF ROTARY
Rotary Worldwide is guided by the following:
THE 4 – WAY TEST
Of the things we think, say or do:
1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and better friendships?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
THE OBJECT OF ROTARY
The object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
1. The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
2. High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all occupations and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an occupation to serve society;
3. The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business and community life;
4. The advancement of international understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
HOW DO I BENEFIT FROM JOINING ROTARY?
Belonging to a Rotary Club gives men and women of all backgrounds a chance to make a contribution to their community. In addition, you will have fun making friends from all walks of life both within your club, nationally and internationally!
You would also get the opportunity to widen your business contacts.
To learn more about Rotary visit: www.rotary.org
If you are interested in this club, Please contact:
SECRETARY: ROD PALMER 021 671 4520 084 580 2522 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Community Projects:
- Oude Molen Food Garden.
- Rotary Family Health Days
- Cape Town Cycle Tour
- Rotary International Scholarship Exchange Programme
- Jim se Bos Library in Philippi